Tuesday, February 17, 2009

En Route.

Well, my journey has officially begun. I'm sitting in the Philadelphia airport waiting for my first (of three) flights. After a surprising, unwelcomed, and unavoidable baggage fee, I made it through security with ease.

Let's just say my bags cost me (uh, I mean, hi Dad! Love you!) more than half of my plane ticket. I would have shipped a bunch of stuff if I had known the fees were going to be so outrageous, but the information I found was (apparently) unclear. Obviously. Never again!

My last few weeks in Philly were perfect. I got to see everyone that I wanted to see at least once, which is all that I could ask for.

My intinerary for the next few days is as follows: Philadelphia to JFK to Dubai to Melbourne. My internet should be set up and ready to go by the time I arrive, so I will update you with the details of my apartment and neigborhood as soon as I adjust to the time change (I'm giving myself a week).

Here's to hoping for semi-bearable flights... at least, as bearable as back-to-back 13-hour flights can be!

2 comments:

Erin Maggie said...

Good luck! How exciting this must all be for you! I actually still remember myself sitting in the airport in 2003 waiting in anticipation for my big move to Australia. There will be a lot to adjust to, but I'm sure you'll do great and I'm sure your love Melbourne. It is a great city! All the best!

K.Pete said...

Have a safe trip! I'm so excited for you! And yes - look me up for SURE if you make it out to Sydney. :)

And actually I think I'll be in Melbourne soon - so maybe we can do the cocktail thing there.

Can't wait to hear about how you find life in AUS.