Wednesday, February 11, 2009

This Time Next Week I Won't Exist

You read the title correctly: This time next week I will be en route to Melbourne, but thanks to all those crazy time changes, there will be no Tuesday, February 17th, 2009 for me!

Thanks for bearing with my lack of posting as of late. I have finally gotten over the intense anxiety attacks that were driving me mental. No magic pills (although I did unsuccessfully beg for some Xanax). I just stopped listening to everyone else. The anxiety other people were having for me was what ultimately made me act like a crazy.

I do have some very good news to report: At the end of last week I got an apartment! It's in a neighborhood called Brunswick. I am two blocks off of Sydney Road, the main strip. My girlfriend from New Zealand will be arriving on Saturday, and I will be there the next Wednesday. It's so unbelievable. I'm finished work. I've begun packing. I'm basically just running around seeing people and buying last-minute items (like a Kindle).

On a less cheery note, I'm sure everyone has heard about the awful fires in Victoria. I am thankful that none of my friends over there have been injured or have lost anything. Upon arrival, I hope to see what I can do to help out locally. Aside from it being a good deed, I feel like it will be a good way to get involved in the community. I will be sure to keep you updated.

Six days and counting!

1 comment:

nicole antoinette said...

That's so weird about next Tuesday. Like, seriously nuts. I mean, I get it, haha, but I can't stop over analyzing it.