Thursday, April 16, 2009

Run Melbourne

If you follow me on Twitter, you have have most likely heard me mention joining a gym and hiring a personal trainer (yes, I'm that bad ass). It's all part of my mission to develop myself this year, both personally and professionally.

Ignoring the fact that my cardiovascular health* is apparently equivalent to that of a 37-year-old (do NOT even get me started on how depressed I was to see that my heart is 15 years older than I am!), I have decided to sign up for Run Melbourne. Actually, I had been planning on registering, but getting a Biggest Loser-style** wake-up call has pushed me to officially commit to the 5K.

Run Melbourne allows you to sign up in groups or run for a cause of your choice. I have decided to raise money for The Butterfly Foundation. The Butterfly Foundation is "dedicated to changing the culture, policy and practice in the prevention and treatment of eating disorders."

Eating disorders are misunderstood, deadly diseases. The effect that they hold over their sufferers (and their families) often last a lifetime. I feel very strongly about raising awareness and re-educating the public about these mental illnesses. I am hoping to raise a minimum of $500 for the cause.

I would really appreciate the support! I know that in times like these it may not be possible to donate. However, if you could take the time to post a link on Twitter or make a mention on your blog, every little bit will help!

Example of Tweet: Help @lmchugh raise money for eating disorder treatment and awareness by donating to her 5K run! http://tinyurl.com/cfxox2

Please visit my fundraising page and pass the word along!

72 days until the race!



*In case anyone was wondering, my overall fitness age is 25, which isn't bad considering my lack of exercise as of late.

**Did you know that they play The Biggest Loser six days a week? Six days! It's complete overkill.

No comments: